SATURN SC2 COOLANT PROBLEM

2001 Saturn SC2

2001 Saturn SC2 6 cyl Automatic

my car will not start when I try to crank it it trys to crank but it doesn't. It sounds like something aint catching what can I do or what is wrong with it. Will the water pump cause that because I know that I need a new one
Melmel87

So when u try to start the car it judys spin the engine over and doesn't start?Do u see any security lights when trying to start it?Take two spark plug wires off the coil that are right next to each other have someone crank over the car and see if a spark jumps from post to post. Also with all the wires back on hold ur ga pedal to the floor while ur trying to start it let me know what u find.

I do see the lights come on and the radio but the car wont start I hold the gas down and it wants to start and yyou can feel it but when I put the car in drive it cuts off. Someone said a fuel pump, someone said starter, someone said altonator so I dont know but I need to find out can you help me?

Melmel87

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2001_coolant_temp_sensor_5.jpg

ok if it trys to start with u holding ur gas pedal all the way to the floor then i would try replacing ur coolant temp sensor there only like 10.it screws into the head i posted a diagram of where it is.make sure the engine is cold u will loose some coolant.make sure u get a brass tipped one because the plastic tipped ones crack.also inspect the connector if its corroded u will have to replace it also.let me know what u find.