TRANSMISSION LEAK AFTER FLUID CHANGE

1999 Saturn SC2

1999 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89,949 miles

I'm a bit new to this so I will try the best I can to discribe the problem. Two days ago, my car's transmission was due for a fluid change. NOT a flush. So I changed the fluid, which was dark red and had a gritty feel to it. I replaced it with Valvoline max life ATF and a fluid filter from AutoZone. I did everything according to the Hayne's manual. I secured the filter just as directed. I lubed the gasket with new transmission fluid. I even touqued the drain plug! But about a day later, a small puddle formed under the transmission filter. So I removed the air intake up to the throttle body to get a better look at the filter. And I also supported the car on jackstands. I ran a clean paper towel around whare the transmission filter contacts the transmission. I did not see any transmission fluid on the towel. So I looked under the transmission and found no leaks! I let the car down off the jackstands and reassembled the air intake. Then I ran up to the store and back to warm the fluid up. Then I looked under the car ad saw dark fluid accumulating at the seam of the transmission at the bottom. Please, can anybody tell me what this could be? It's the first time it's ever happened.
1999SaturnSC2

There's only really a few thing's it could be. Filter isn't tight enough damaged filter gasket or defective filter. If it's leaking from the filter and it didn't before that's all I can think of.

Well I tightend the filter that was leaking and it stoped for awhile. Then I went out to my car to go to work and I noticed another stain on the ground. This time it was not under the filter, but the side of the transmission at the seam. I browsed a bit and found this post(http://www.2carpros.com/forum/1999-saturn-sc2-lost-reverse-vt453436.html) whare a diagram was posted. I believe that the side gasket, or part number 28 in the diagram, is what is causing the leak. If perhaps it is the gasket, how much would this cost to replace? I don't have the means to do this myself.

1999SaturnSC2
That's the end cover gasket 2.2hrs labor times 80-100? Per hr the gasket is 6.00 plus tax and 5 quarts of fluid 25 plus tax.