STARTING

1999 Saturn SC2

1999 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles

my car does not start and I just replaced the starter with a brand new one cause the cylenoid was down. The battery is only 6 months old and is still charged and the car is still not starting all it seems to do is tunrn everything on and not start when its on the start position whats wrong? Is it the ingnition switch? Or what
Gerry_ taylor

So when u turn the key to the start postion no click from the starter?Engine doesn't spin?Check and make sure ur battery cables are clean and tight. Do u have a multimeter?I hope so let me know.

When in the on position it does not turn over at all the sonund is just a click and then nothing the wires are good and the battery is new I dont now whats going on it may be the ignition switch

Gerry_ taylor
I doubt it's the ignition switch very low failure rate on that model yr. So what clicks the starter?So do u have a multimeter so we can figure this out?

No I dont have a multimeter whats another way to check it?

Gerry_ taylor
Whats clicking when u turn the key?The starter?Or something else?U could use a test light but it would be harder to test for grounds if we had to test for them. If u dont atleast have a test light its going to be hard to figure this one out without just guessing. Tests lights and multimeters are pretty cheap and good to have around. Let me know.