TIMING

1997 Saturn SC2

1997 Saturn SC2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 133000 miles

how to set the timing
Johnjonh

Are you looking for the timing chain timing?

I never did get the answer

Johnjonh
I asked you if your talking about the timing chain timing?If you give me answer to my question then I can get you a answer.

Johnjonh

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1997_SC2_timing_marks_part1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1997_SC2_timing_marks_part2_1.jpg

CAUTION: Excess slack in the chain must be kept to the chain tensioner side (movable guide) of the cylinder block when installing timing chain or the camshaft sprockets will not be correctly timed to the crankshaft sprocket.

6. Make sure the silver colored link plates are located over the pip mark on the cam sprockets only. The crankshaft sprocket tooth must be pointed directly downward at the 6 o'clock position between the two silver colored links. The pip mark on the crankshaft sprocket will be aligned with the timing mark on the cylinder block.
There you go.

Hello I set the timing the same way you should me on the diagram but it seem to be dumping alot of gas and the car wont start

Johnjonh
So why were you replacing the timing chain to begin with?Was it dumping too much gas before you changed the timing chain?

No it was a head put on first

Johnjonh
So you replaced the head or head gasket?What happened there?Why did you have to do that?Was it flooding the engine before that?Also do you have any code's?What is the compression on each cylinder?I need to know all the detail's because i'm not there and don't know the history of the car. Do you have spark?WHat is your fuel pressure?