WIPERS

2007 Saturn Relay

2007 Saturn Relay 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

What would be the cause for the windshield wiper to not return to the hidden position? Sometimes the wipers will return fully and sometimes they will not. It has been a rare occassion so far that they have not returned to the hidden position. Could this be a problem with the wiper motor or is it a bad wiring connection?
Henryr79

When you turn wipers off, do they park wherever they are at? Or do they try to go all the way down to park but just don't go far enough? If they are working good but just having issue with parking than most likely the motor is good. It could be caused by a bent mounting bracket, the slightest bend can sometimes cause them to intermittently park incorrectly.

Bluelightnin6
The few times the wipers have not returned to the park position they stop a few inches above this. I don't remember wether they stop before getting to park or return a little. I kinda doubt that there is anything bent, this Relay has been well taken care of.

Henryr79
If the wipers have ever been used in cold conditions where ice may have built on the wipers and especially snow build it, it would bend it once they were turned on. If it's not the linkage though and it's that intermittent than it shouldn't be a problem but if it does bother you than it could be the park control which is part of the wiper motor control board.

Bluelightnin6