STAB LINK AND SPRING ON LS

2000 Saturn Other

Hi,

I recently had my brakes fixed. Pads, rotors etc. And noticed a strange sound. Typically happens when I brake. No it is not the sound of the brakes it is more of a wobble sound. Like your antenna makes when you flick it. The sound stops when the car is NOT in motion. It is not a constant sound though.

Took it to a mechanic and they said it was a broken stab link. They fixed it. I still have a sound described above. Took it back now they say that they didn't notice the spring is broken when they replaced the stab link. This spring is located behind the struts. They suggested I replace the struts and spring at the same time.

is this necessary. Can I just replace this spring? I plan on getting a second opinion but was hoping someone could explain the relationship of the spring, stab link and struts in a Saturn.

Thanks: )
Taftonbluejays