96 STALLING

1996 Saturn Other

HELLO I HAVE A 96 SATURN SL2 1.9 DOHC IT KEEPS STALLING MAY DRIVE 3 DAYS MAY GO 3 WEEKS BUT WILL STALL, IF YOU HOLD THROTTLE AT ABOUT 1/2 IT WILL START BACK UP ACTS LIKE IT MISSING BUT IF YOU REV IT A FEW TIMES IT WILL SMOOTH RIGHT OUT. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON, BUT DOES SET A PO341 CODE WHICH SHOWS CAM/CK SENSOR BANK 1 MISFIRE, HAVE REPLACED CRANK SENSOR SINCE THIS CAR DOES NOT SHOW HAVING A CAM SENSOR, ALSO O2 SENSOR HAS BEEN REPLACED, ALSO HAD IGN, MODULE AND COILS CHECKED, WENT AHEAD AND REPLACED PLUGS AND WIRES, ALSO HAD A FRIEND THAT HAD A NICE SNAP ON SCANNER PUT IT ON IT AND RAN CAR FOR APPROX 2 HRS COULD NOT GET IT TO ACT UP, I PICKED CAR UP DROVE IT ABOUT 10 MILES THEN IT STALLED, SET SAME P0341 CODE AGAIN AS IT DOES EVERY TIME IT STALLS, CAN YOU HELP? THANKS
WALKER

In 96 saturn experimented with an increasedx plug gap. My 96 owners manual lists the plug gap at 60 thousanths. The under hood sticker lists 40 thousanths. Saturn later retracted the owners manual spec and went to strictly 40 thou. Double check your plug gap. Also platinum plugs have been known to cause issues in saturns.
Good luck and keep us updated. : )

Peppermrj