HORN ISSUE

2004 Saturn L300

Noises problem
2004 Saturn L300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Every time we get a heavy snow or a heave rain my horn stops working. I have purchased now 5 horns from saturn, my husband has put the horn in and each time when it stops we get another run around. The horn needs to point up, the horn needs to point down, the fuse is out, there might be a cut wire, there is an electrical issue, etc. My husband is about ready to either throw the car or throw the techs. I see this issue on a lot of web sites but no one has yet to say what caused this other then the weather and what fixed it other then replace the horn. At 54 dollars a horn, this is getting stupid. Thanks for any help.
Seerbaker

I have a 2004 Saturn ION. Horn stopped working. I learned on the internet it is located under the driver's side headlight. I removed the headlight and the defective horn. I replaced it with an old horn from a Chevrolet. It was designed to ground to chassis through it's mount. I checked with my meter to find which wire was ground and plugged the lead from the horn into the other terminal. You can cut and splice but I left the existing connector in tact in case anyone ever wants to replace the horn with an OEM product. Total cost of project $0 since all of the components were foundlings.

Dbost10
So the horn itself is failing each time?Are the horns your replacing it with have slits across the opening?Those are the updated horns.