A/F SENSOR

2001 Saturn L300

2001 Saturn L300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 49k miles

Hi, I have a non-running saturn, that was running great til I tried to wire in a generic 02 sensor. I had a p0050 code (02sensor pre-cat heater) found out that this is not a 02 sensor, but a air/fuel sensor (has 5 wires all different colors), I guessed at wiring the generic 02 sensor (4-wire) to it ( this was before finding out that I was dealing with a A/F sensor), the car started, ran rough, barely made it back into the driveway. I bought a used but correct A/F sensor, installed it, car will not even start now. Getting other codes now (EGR, throttle position etc). Do you think I could have fried the ECU just by wiring a 02 sensor incorrectly? Thanks.
L300nightmare

Its possible. The PCM uses 5 volt feed for most sensors, but the heater is 12 volts so it may not have liked that. Check every fuse with a test light first, just in case you grounded something out and popped one.

Jack42