MODELS

2003 SAAB Other

2003 Other Saab Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 8,900 miles

I have a 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector with the 2.0L H.O. This car has been in storage for the past 4 years and need to have the oil changed. I went to the dealer and to inquire about Mobile 1 oil. The owners manual says to use 0W-30, but the GM specs for this engine are listed on the 0W-40 container, not the 0W-30. I know this is just the viscosity at the top end of the temperature scale, so I asked the dealer if this would be best for the hotter temperatures in Louisiana. I could not get an answer, but I know the lifspan of the motor, especially the turbo is vital to proper engine oil. I know this probably sounds like a simple question, but this is my wifes car and I need trouble free operation.
JAMESCUPP