9-3 VIGGEN WON'T START

1999 SAAB Other

1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 122000 miles

I drove my car Sunday, no problems. Monday it started up, went 500ft. Then died. I did a rolling start, and after pushing on the gas it died again. After that it woudn't start anymore. The engine turns, but doesn't start, it's not out of gas, and when I turn the engine I can smell gas after a couple of tries. Any ideas as to what the problem is?
Tapster21

Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing