9000 TURBO GRIFFIN EDITION

1992 SAAB Other

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo Griffin Edition, 217,000 miles,
Automatic Transmission

I purchased this car about two months ago, and it seemed to be in decent condition. When we brought it to be inspected (yearly inspections in the state of VT) it failed because it needed two new tie rods. We drove it for about two weeks following the failed inspection, as we had to wait for the mechanics to fit us in. The day the car was to fixed, it started fine. As we drove, it started acting sluggish, and by the time we got the car to the mechanics shop, it stalled just about every time the gas pedal was pressed. We noticed a light on the dashboard that said TCS Control. After reading through the owners manual, it said that it was possible to override the TCS, but the car was still acting sluggish, and continued to stall. The tie rods were replaced but the mechanic doesn't really work on Saabs, so he had no idea what the light meant. I'm looking for a way to fix this, either bypassing the TCS all together, or is it something completely different? And of course, how much could it cost to fix whatever is wrong with my car? Thanks!

StarrySkye

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/71430_Our_Car_2_1.jpg

Starryskye