HOW TO MANUALLY OPERATE THE COVERTIBLE TOP ON

1997 SAAB 900

Interior problem
1997 Saab 900 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125237 miles

Does anybody know how to manually operate the convertible top of a 1997 saab 900?
Torresjl03

Do you have an owners manual, it may say. If I remember right, there is a slot in the rh trunk liner, where you insert the tire iron, and it will unlock the tonneau cover. What position is the top in? If it is fully closed and you want it open, this will not work, as the fifth bow latches would need to be electrically released. If it is open, and you want it closed, you can do that with this procedure, and I believe you would lock the first bow with an allen wrench. You will not be able to lock the tonneau cover down, or lock the fifth bow. It is meant for an emergency closure, for temporary means.

Factoryjack
Well Im not exactly sure, I have a 96 and I know in the manual it says there is a lever behind the back seat. If you have a manual Im sure there is a section on that, however Im sure you already looked or dont have a manual. Behind the back seat there is a little lever, that gets moved to allow the cover to release and move freely. I am having problems with my tonneau cover it wont lock. Good luck. Sean

Schmukdup69