IGNIYION PROBLEM

1996 SAAB 900

Interior problem
1996 Saab 900 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

hi, I lost my keys, has 3 keys made by a saab dealer in sarasota fla, accorging to the key code and when I put the keys in the ignition, the key will not turn in the ignition cylinder. Also the steering wheel does not lock and I can move the gear shift from park to reverse, not sure if this is related to why the key will not turn. Can you please, please help with my problem, very desperate.
Moniquita

1st does the cut key open the door, if not then u may have a vehicle that a past owner replaced ign key & cylinder assembly, if that is the case u will now need a new or used key shaft & cylinder to match assembly, if u go to the junk yard & find one with the key, take the d/s door lock too & write vin down so u can get a next key cut also take the alarm module under the dls frt seat, good luck, ho by the way steering wheels dont lock only gear shifter, only way to unlock shifter is to be able to turn ignition key to on position, if u can move shifter without key been on then u have a bad gear shifter lock solonoid & if your display states key not accepted than u now have a bigger problem, u will then need a alarm immobilizer module & key chip then u have to get it programmed at your saab dealer.

Mnthny4