BUCKING AND BACK FIRING

1995 SAAB 900

1995 Saab 900 6 cyl Automatic 140000 miles

My car loses speed up hills, has trouble doing more than 45 mph. It will start to " buck", then will occasionally do a small backfire. We replaced the fuel filter, but that didn't help. I love my car, please help!
Bwolf

Hello –

To better assist you is your model an S or SE. Please provide your engine size in liter.

Also, even though you have a 1995, it appears that your codes can be read with a scanner. Please go to Auto Zone (AZ) or O’Reilly’s (OR) and for FREE they can pull the codes to the car. Most important: Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don’t get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for FREE also they can bring their tester out and check your battery and alternator.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
We didn't get any codes from auto zone. The car is an se

Troyw
Hello

I would like you to check your fuel pressure. It sounds like your fuel pump is going out.

Thanks for the donation

ImpalaSS