REPAIR QUESTION NOT GOING INTO GEAR AFTER TRAN

1999 SAAB 9-3

1999 Saab 9-3 repair Question 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 162000 miles

i just swapped out my automatic transmission with a used one. After getting everything together I filled about 5 and a half quarts of fluid into the tranny from the dip stick tube and it reads more than full. But I drained more than that from the old one. Now when I start the car and put it into any gear it does nothing. Is there something wrong with how I filled the fluid? What should I start with.
Ckmyers

First was that replacement transmission out of a running car, of same model, if so then u need to recheck all your work over, was the torque converter meshed properly on the iinput shaft before u fit flywheel bolts, only thing to say recheck all your work, trans only take 4 qrt's fluid if torque converter is full. Good luck.

Mnthny4
Yes it was the same model. The company guaranteed it for 60 days. The torque converter never was pulled. I kept the original. Just slid the new tranny over it and wiggled it into place then bolted it up.

Ckmyers
What!, That is why u r having a problem, u will need to remove trans & refit torque converter correctly it is not meshing with inner shaft correctly, this is the first I hear of someone removing trans without taking out torque converter, I would not use that mechanic again if I were u.

Mnthny4