FAN BELT

2003 Rover 75

2003 Rover 75 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000k miles

In September 2009 I had a servicing carried out to my car, on leaving the car at the garage I asked the mechanic that even though the car had approximately 57000 kms on the clock it was already 6.5 years old and to please check and if necessary change the belts. On collecting the car I was told that belt change was not necessary.

10 months and 3700 kms down the line, last July the fan belt shredded whilst on the road and got tangled in the timing belt and the inevitable happened and my car required extensive repairs, the cheapest option was to change the engine completely.

A Surveyor pinned the problem down to wear and tear yet the garage do not admit any liability and I have had to foot the entire costs, would appreciate your comments on this issue.

The garage were the official Rover dealers when Rover were still producing.

Many thanks - George Dyke
George Dyke