ABS

1997 Rover 4 Series

Computer problem
1997 Rover 4 Series 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 62300 miles

Car failed an MOT yesterday. The ABS was disconnected at the main unit. Mechanic reconnected I today and it is showing no faults but light doesn't work on the dash. We have removed the dash and are unable to find any kind of bulb? 2 pins on the small circuit board next to the immobilisor bulb which is fine. Should there be a bulb connected to the 2 pins?
one pin is live so the feed seems to be ok from the module under the bonnet to the pin. Mechanic is not sure at this point?
Regards, Glen
Glenadams01

We do not have a any spec's for this vehicle. I would suspect a bulb should be connected to the pins. Are the other bulbs also connected to pins this way?. Your local library or autoparts store will be able to supply a repair manual with instruction's for replacing bulbs. I would be asking myself WHY the ABS module was unplugged and why this bulb has been removed? There must be a fault somewhere?

Dave H