KEYLESS

1996 Rover 4 Series

1996 Rover 4 Series 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 78.000 miles

My Rover was shipped to my son nephew studying in Africa. Its doors are opened with a remote controle. It was also installed with alarm. But, when my nephew took delivery of the car, he noticed that, the doors were opened manually, the alarm couldn't work, and the car stops after some steaming for some minutes. He was told to change the brain box. This he did but, this problem persists. He has not driven the car, but the mechanics who are trying to work on it tell him that, after the car is started, it will steam for a while and stopped.

What can be done to rectify this fault? The car had no code but, was opened remotely. The ignition key was only used to start the car. Starting the car, you'd need to slot in the ignition key, turn it, a red light will show. Remove the key, insert it the second the second time, turn it and the green light shows thereafter, you turn on the ignition and the car starts.

Now, the doors are all opened with the key. Do you think, this can be remedied? I need your advice badly.
Spanring Marjorie

Have the car and keyfob (remote) reprogrammed back together !.

Dave H