POWER WINDOWS

1976 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

1976 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 25000 miles

I've had this car since 1987 and the power windows have always been a problem. They go down ok but take forever to go up. I'm in the process of restoring the body and re-painting the car and I would like to fix the windows as they are a pain.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dean
FlemFlamMan

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation.

As windows do work albeit slow, the electrical are sound, this will be a p[problem with the Bailey channel that the window runs in, what you find is that it becomes clogged with dust and muck in the fibers of the material, and this will act as a break of sorts causing the slow action, you can get a dedicated lube for this channel, don't use standard spray lubes as they will only attract more muck, also check the alignment of the window in the channel, often it is just as easy to replace the channel all together, as this will give a silky smooth operation as you would find with a new system.

Thank you for using 2carpros,

Your feedback is always welcome.

Mhpautos