PLEASE HELP

1980 Renault R19

1980 Renault R19 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 270000 miles

how much current is generated when the alternator is tunning? How many revolutions per minute (rpm) are required to generate 15v?What precautions are needed so that it last longer? What is need for cooling the alternator that is if gets hot during operations?Is there any service needed during use? What if the generator changes the, say from anticlockwise to clockwise, is there any effect? I am a student of electronics at college I am doing a project involving an alternator.I am using the alternator I got from renault 18 ts vehicle. Please could you draw me a diagram with possible connection. It should involve 12v battery, alternator, 12v regulator (for example redpack regulator) warning light.
Alfyhide