DIESEL INJECTION COMPUTER

2001 Renault Megane

Computer problem
2001 Renault Megane 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 103300 miles

my 1.9 DCi Megane shows the electronic fault light when under any small strain - dealer diagnostic showed 'injection computer' needed replacing at £700 fitted, said it had to be new and tuned to car. I just wonder if there might be any cheaper way of correcting this. Have gone right off Renault, turbo blew just after I bought it last year, private dealer replaced it with secondhand one, wonder if related.
Alfheaven

I would have a second opinion .. but if the computer (PCM) is giving a fault code saying it is the injection side of computer, then generally that code will come up on another diagnostic .. it could be somewhere else of course in the wiring or a sensor not responding correctly .. this should show up as a different fault code .. but not alway's and I have known a computer to be replaced and the same fault is still present afterwards ..do you know the actual fault code the car is giving out ??

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_3.png

Dave H