1.9 DCI TOURER VIBRATION THROUGH THE PE

2004 Renault Laguna

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2004 Renault Laguna 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 78000 miles

This is a problem that really has me stumped! The car has a high-frequency engine vibration that is felt through the steering wheel & pedals. It feels as though the engine mountings have been compromised, although an inspection of these has been made and nothing apparent has been found. The usual culprit of the exhaust heat-shield has also been checked and nothing can be found touching the exhaust system or steering rack. The car has recently had a new timing belt fitted by a specialist and the problem seems to be more noticable since this was done. The stabiliser & engine-mount adjacent to the timing belt housing have been inspected and found to be ok. Does anyone know if there is a balance shaft on the engine that could be mis-timed without upsetting the diesel injection timing?
Appian27455

Is it a front wheel bearing?

James W.
I had a similar problem in my laguna, same checks were done! Worth looking at the Flywheel. Vibrating between certain revs, mine was constant at driving around 60mph.

Kayak1
Lets try a little experiment. Run thr car down the road in 2nd gear at the approximate RPM, s you would when cruising at highway speed in drive. See if the vibration appears. Let me know, Jim

James W.