STOP LIGHT

2003 Renault Clio

2003 Renault Clio Four Wheel Drive

hi my engine was making a rattling noise whilst drving, it has been doin so for a while, but during mid journey, I made a weird clinking noise and then the rattling stopped and my STOP light came on, fortunately I managed to get home safely as I was a few streets away, I was wondering would it still be safe to drive my car for short journeys whilst I am waiting to take it in to the garage.
Shamila786

Check oil and coolant levels, make sure they are correct. Is the car running ok apart from the noise? I would advise you have the vehicle's computer read for fault codes asap the stop light is on becacuse the cars computer has picked up a fault. While the stop light is just ON you can drive as little as possible but this may use more fuel and also damage the catalytic convertor in the long run. If the stop light starts to flash stop driving immediately and call your breakdown service !

Dave H