RENAULT CLIO ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Renault Clio

2000 Renault Clio 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

Could you please send me a copy of the procedure to get my car started for the timing. I have a diagram from Autodata but it points to a timing pin which I dont know where it is located. Ive replaced the valves timed it up 3 times cause the cam belt had snapped. And it still wont start : ( where have I gone wrong?
my CLIO ll is a 1.2 8v 2000 (w reg) mtv and its been 6 weeks now trying to get it started. I cant afford to take it too a garage and im more than capable to try and tackle it on my own. The car ran (fired) then died straight away : (
please help, I need the car as I have just started full time employment : )

1) yes there is petrol
2) Yes ive checked leads and plugs
3) Yes ive pulled my hair out and chaffed my knuckles.

Guys please help. TYVM : )

This is what happened,
Head gasket went, replaced and got head skimmed
I put the tension on the wrong side for the cam belt and subsequently my cam belt snapped. I replaced the valves and gasket and belt and timed it back up put it all back together and now I have a fast blinking light in the center of the dash when I try to start it up. It fired then died staright away.
Thinking the worst that I may have snapped the belt again I asked my son to turn the engine whilst I took the oil cap off and checked to see if the rockers are moving. : ) To my delight they still moved so the timing belt is still ok. But the car wont bloody start : (
Videoteknix

Hi there,

In checking my data source, it tells me that vale damage is likely to occur when these belts break. I would be doing a comp test before doing anything else.

Mhpautos