REAR WIPER

2002 Chevrolet Blazer • 63,000 miles

When the ignition is turned on the rear wiper engages just long enough to move the arm up an inch or so which blocks the rear window glass from opening. Have to turn on the rear wiper to reset the arm back down. This may have started after replacing front washer reservoir motor, but not positive.

Jhaley

Based on the wiring schematic the front washer and wiper system is not linked to rear.

What happens if you turn ignition off nad then on again? Does the wiper move? After resetting by turning wiper on, does the problem occur immediately when ignition is turned off and on again?

Check for a poor ground circuit for the rear wiper motor.

After opening up tailgate I discovered someone had been in there. Had to be before I got the vehicle. All wiring had been taped up with black electrical tape. I removed all the tape but I could not visually see anything wrong. I decided just to pull the fuse and forget it for the time being. Thanks for your input.

Jhaley
There is a possibility one of the wires could be shorted. More detailed testing would be required to find the cause.

Let us know when you are ready to continue.