RATTLING WHEEL SOUND

1998 Mazda Protege • 145,000 miles

My car creates a rattle sound from the front right wheel that I only notice driving slow down uneven and bumpy roads. About 2 months back I replaced the rotors and pads and the wheel never made the noise before that. Is it likely the mechanics missed something or botched the job? What are the possible causes of a rattling sound after brakes have been changed?
Bix835

If the rattle stops when you hold light pressure on the brake pedal, suspect a loose brake pad. An anti-rattle clip could be broken or rusted off. That is not serious but it can be irritating.

Anti-sway bar links can break and rattle. There's plenty of other possibilities. If the noise started right after the brake work was done that mechanic should be given the chance to check his work. If the noise started two months later it is likely related to something else. Have the steering and suspension systems inspected at a tire and alignment shop. They are real good at identifying the causes of noises.