PROBLEM WITH TRANSMISSION NOT ENGAGEING ANY GEAR

2007 Ford Explorer

Okay I am working on a friends car and well it is not engageing a gear and when it dose it pops in to gear. The customer said they were at a light and it died well I had toget it running. So I charged the battery before I got to see it myself after got it running I checked charging system to make sure it was working sense it had a dead battery. Thisa was okay now I tryed to put it in to gear it did nothing at all an any gear I noticed a leak from trans so I checked fluid now this trans dosnt have a dip stick it has a fill hole on traansfer case I couldnt see one any where elses I checked in not running because the manual didnt say it needed to be running so I pulled the top plug and it was full fluid was a darker red, I was wondering after I had looked at the mproblem online I found that this is a problem now I was wondering if it may be the shift silinoid that was causing the problem or something else I need to know if transmission is completly lost or if there is some other things I should cheak thnks for your time wes
Lit1quik

There is a fill plug for the trans. The drain plug has a small plug in the center. Remove the small plug only and fluid should seep out. If not add as needed till it seeps out. Then see if it goes into gear.