PSM AND ABS LIGHTS

2004 Porsche Cayenne

Noises problem
2004 Porsche Cayenne 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 48,000 miles

When I first start the car the PSM light shows up, then when I start to accelerate the pedal shudders slightly and a grinding like noise from the wheel area. This lasts for five seconds then the ABS light comes on and the car drives fine. It's only on startup? Does this sound like an ABS control module failure?
Srqcayenne

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

This is sounding like a problem with in the ABS system, if you have a code this will give us a better idea as to where the problem actually is, I am a bit concerned about the grinding noise, I suggest that you get this checked out ASAP, the scan to read the codes may be a problem for general mechanic to do, as I have had problems retrieving codes form some later model Porches and I use top of the range snap on scanners, you may need a factory read done at your local dealer.

Mhpautos
I used a Vector scanner today and did not retrieve any codes. If I unplug one wheel sensor the grinding noise does not happen although the transmission does not shift at the correct shift points.

Do you think this sounds like an ABS control module, or Abs compressor.

Srqcayenne
I would be leaning toward the control module, but I don't have any diagnostic tests for this, I can keep looking and let you know if I have any luck.

Mark

Mhpautos