ENGINE DOES NOT MAINTAIN IN IDLE ALONE !!!

1983 Porsche 911

1983 Porsche 911 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

Hello, when I start my Porsche 911 1983 2.7lt engine it does not maintain the revs. I move the big valve at the fuel injection system (K-Jetronics) with my finger and it rev. But with a lot of failures. Like crap. If I leave the valve alone it dies. I can accelerate the engine when I move manually the valve and the throttle at the same time. It seems that it is not doing the amount of vacuum for keeping the injection valve working as it is supposed to be.
The mechanic told me that the problem was the fuel distributor. I just buy one and installed and it is doing the same thing. It can not rev. The engine by itself.
What other thing could be? Could it be the fuel pump? I checked all hoses, vacuum tubings etc. And all seems to be normal.
I’m having a lot of stress with this situation. Any help will be appreciate.
Ben
Caribbeanporsche

Fuel pressure should be tested, it needs at least 60 psi to open the injectors, I will send you a PDF on testing it.

Merlin2021