UNABLE TO ACCELERATO

2006 Pontiac Vibe

2006 Pontiac Vibe 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 97,000 miles

I was turning right at a stop sign the other day and when I accelerated, nothing happened. The engine wouldn't rev yet it didn't kill and I was able to continue to drive at about 20 mph. I crept along for about 1/4 mile until I found a safe place to pull off. I shut the car off while I pondered who to call. But just in case, I restarted the car and it was like nothing was wrong and I was able to drive away. Today, 4 days later, the exact same thing happened. Again, I restarted the car and I was able to drive like normal.
My check engine light has been on and off for a couple of months but when I had it checked, they told me that the light was off when they checked and that there were no messages in the computer history (or something like that) I have also had recent concerns about my transmission due to hard clunking during shifting. This was going on for about 3 weeks but has disappeared and the car now shifts fine. Could these things be related?
LindaKae

Possibly.I suggest you find someone that can scan your computer. If the light is or has been on it will store a code in memory. It sounds like you have a car that is " drive by wire" which means there is no throttle cable. The light may be a sensor related to that system

Jack42