CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FOR FUEL VAPOR

2003 Pontiac Vibe

Computer problem
2003 Pontiac Vibe 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 90000 miles

I started having the Check Engine light come on a couple of months ago. The first time, we took it to Auto Zone, had the computer read and it said something about a fuel vapor leak or some thing like that. The guy said the fuel cap was probably not on tight. We cleared the message and it went about 2 weeks before the light came back on. We took it to AutoZone again, and it was the same warning. We decided to replace the gas cap. It went about the same time before coming on again. I don't want to just ignore a check engine light. Any suggestions?
Dzsthompson

Hi
Please post code in P0xxx format will advise

Docfixit
The code is PO441

Dzsthompson
Sorry for delay have been out of town a few days. O.K. 441 is a low vacuum in Evap system that purges fuel tank of vapor. Most common cause is gas cap loose or seal faulty. Have you checked cap? Code still present?

Docfixit
Yes, in my original question I stated we replaced the gas cap.

Dzsthompson
Then system will need to be vacuum tested besides cap it takes equipment and training to resolve.

Docfixit