CRANKS DOESN'T RUN

2001 Pontiac Trans Am

2001 Pontiac Trans Am V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

Have had same consecutive problem. Car would not start, " bad fuel pump". I had the fuel pump replaced by dealer. Car ran ok. After about three months same problem. Had fuel pump replaced again but also the rubber hose that connects to pump assembly because it had ruptured. Car worked for a couple of days then wouldn't start. Would crank but not run unless poured gas directly to engine. This time when tank was dropped, found the little rubber hose had ruptured again. Had a Walbro pump put in with a 200psi hose replacing the ruptured hose by a performance shop. Car ran really great for 2 days then again will not start. Talked to GM dealer and performace shop. Neither have had a similar issue, EVER. Fuel psi checked and was perfect. Fuel filter replaced with 2nd fuel pump. Any idea what so ever why this problem might keep happening? Or Why my car won't run?
Gmendoza5321

The only thing I could think of is a restriction in the return fuel line, or a FPR that closed.

Another possibility is that the voltage to pump is high causing excessive pressure.

A restricted return line would rupture the output hose.

Mmprince4000