FUEL INJECTOR PULSE

1989 Pontiac Trans Am

1989 Pontiac Trans Am V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 236000 miles

I have spark. I have power to my fuel injectors but when I crank the car I lose my fuel injection pulse. What do I need to do to fix it?
Mrandell87

Hi, check for rpm signal. Use a noid lite on the injector plug, engine cranking, if the lite flashes, you have voltage and ground. Voltage goes hot at key on, computer switches the ground, if there is an rpm signal. Sometimes an issue with ignition module. Check for trouble codes. See if anything shows up?

Thank you very much for your response. I have already done that and the computer and ignition controle module are brand new. My noid light lights up on both sides of the injector when I crank it. That is where I am lost as to what the problem is.

Mrandell87
The noid lite tests both voltage and ground at the same time. You plug it in to the connector. To get voltage on only one leg, you'd have to unplug the other injectors on that bank. I hope I didn't misunderstand your question?