STARTER AND GAS MILEAGE (ENGINE PROBLE

2006 Pontiac Torrent

2006 Pontiac Torrent 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 21.500 miles

A few times when starting the engine, after turning the key to the start position then letting off the key, it automatically sounds like it is still trying to start on its own. It will occasionally do it a few times in a row then not do it again for several times starting it.

Secondly, two times now my check engine light has come on. The first time, I took the car in and the mechanic said that the computer showed the number one spark plug had " hiccupped" then he reset the computer on the car. When the light came on the second time, I was out of town and had to drive it home about 50 miles before I could get it in for service. The night before I was to take it in, the check engine light went out and the computer had to have reset itself because the mechanic said when they put it on their computer, it didn't even show that the light had come on. Now two months later, I had it in the shop again because it was misfiring (no light came on this time, but the computer registered that a misfiring was in its history), so they checked it out and found that there was a small leak in the lower intake manifold and they replaced the gasket. The car at times still seems to sputter and also yesterday, it made a loud racing noise when I put it in park one time before turing off the engine. The gas mileage is a little better, but not near where it was before all these problems. Also after leaving the car sit overnight, the gas needle seems to be lower than it was when I parked it. Could there be a leak somewhere? Please help! I don't get any reasonable answers from the mechanics here, and it is still under warranty so I need to get it fixed before the warranty expires.
Cindyndan