ABS AND TC WARNING LIGHT ON

2006 Pontiac Torrent

Brakes problem
2006 Pontiac Torrent 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 70,000 miles

I have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent front wheel drive and recently in the past few days my ABS and TC warning lights came on. I referred back to the manual and was advised to turn the engine off and restart it, that cleared the lights for the first day or two and then they wouldn't go out. I immediately checked the pads and rotors and replaced them. Once that was done, I figured that would solve the problem, not. Brought it to a local mechanic and ran some diagnostics on the error codes and couldn't get a reading on the speed sensor. So took the vehicle back home and logged onto the internet and did alot of research. Alot suggested to have the wheel hub assembly checked and changed. Went back to the mechanic the next day and after checking more into detail, it was determined that it was only the speed sensor that needed to be changed, big relief. Only $110.00 + labour. Everything is working great now, no issues! Just terrible to think that a GM dealer said that I would need new wheel hub assembly replaced and would cost well over $700.00!
Gotpride