JERKING WITH ENGINE LIGHT ON.

Pontiac Sunfire

My car jerks when I acclerate from a stop. It feels like I am about to run out of gas but don't. The check engine light came on and now it jerks at all speeds. It is a 1997 pontiac sunfire. Please help?
Joseph78

I'm betting it's the map sensor. My bonneville did the same thing so I went to a local scrap yard & picked one up for cheap just to see & it fixed the problem. They're expensive new![/B]

Troy4
The jerking is it like pushing ans lettinf off of the gas really fast and is there any smoke? My grand am is a stick and I can do this reenactment in 1st gear but I had a similar problem. May not even be related but its help if its help. It turned out to be the coil housing. Not sure how but after I gout it replaced it ran good as new. (Accept for the new problem with the wire on the wheel that I broke and have no idea what it is) but thats a different problem all together.

Friend5517