KEY ISSUE AND AIRBAG LIGHT/GAUGE ISSUE

2002 Pontiac Sunfire

Computer problem
2002 Pontiac Sunfire 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My 2002 Pontiac Sunfire has recently started acting up. The key will go into the ingition, no problem. But it will NOT turn right away. I have to jiggle the ignition and key (not the steering wheel, but the actual ignition and key) for a good 2-5 minutes, then it will release and turn all the way to start the car. The steering wheel is NOT locked, it is the original key, and no other key has been tried.

Also, after having my car serviced to the tune of 700 dollars, last night the airbag light came on, and my theft system light was on, and car would not come out of park. I managed to turn the car on and off (see above ignition issue), a few times, and it finally allowed me to take the car out of park and drive, but the airbag light remained on, and all of the gauges had stopped working. (Gas, temp, speed etc). When I turned the car off again, the airbag dash light and odometer remained lit up, even with the car completely off and the key removed. I pulled the fuse for the dash cluster, and the odometer light and airbag light went off, until I start the car again, in which case the airbag light remains lit, the gauges will twitch a bit, but do not function. The car is also not recognizing when the door is ajar, the headlamps are left on, etc. Any ideas what is going on here? The car has had multiple problems with the check engine light, service light etc randomly coming on and then fixing themselves since I had the car serviced. I am at my wits end with being nickel and dimed to death with this stuff, and am hesitant to take it back in until I have an idea of what is going on.
Kimberdevil