SUNROOF PROBLEMS

2000 Pontiac Sunfire

I just bought this car yesterday. I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to cars in general. So maybe someone can help me here. My Sunfire has a sunroof. When we test-drove it, the sunroof worked fine. When I went to use it this morning, at first it would only open a tiny bit, and then it wouldn't close all the way. When I stopped I had to press down on it from the outside while pressing the button on the inside to get it to close. Now it closes just fine, but when I try to open it, it will open halfway. If I try again, it opens only a tiny bit again. I got it to open fully once today. Is this maybe a sign that it's just been sitting too long and needs to be opened and closed a bunch to loosen it up? Do you oil any parts in a sunroof? Could it be a fuse? I'm totally clueless.I've never had a sunroof before.
BrieanneElise

You need to have a new motor installed on the sunroof. My sunfire had the same problem.

Musicluvr161