THEFT LIGHT ON CAR WONT STAY RUNNING.

1998 Pontiac Sunfire

1998 Pontiac Sunfire 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

(AN OTHERWISE PROBLEM FREE 1998 PONTIAC SUNFIRE 4CYL, AUTOMATIC (FLOOR) I HAD REPLACED THE ORIGINAL TILT STEERING COLUMN WITH A USED PART--NOW THE DASH THEFT LIGHT IS ON AND CAR WONT STAY RUNNING.) )
For my reasoning to replace said column heres what happened/what I did/what I checked etc.
DUE TO AN OVERLY AGGRESSIVE AND DRUNK INDIVIDUAL (DRIVING MY STEP DAUGTHER INLAWS CAR) THE STEERING WHEEL HAD SOME HOW BEEN LITERALLY TORN OFF THE TILT STEERING COLUMN LEAVING THE TILT EAR/PIN RIPPED.
I DECIDED TO REPLACE THE VEHICLES TILT STEERING COLUMN WITH A USED COLUMN WITH THE IGNITION SWITCH STILL INSTALLED ON IT, (instead of using my step daughters original ignition switch).
I MANAGED TO SUCCEED IN MOST ALL THE REQUIRED TASKS (INCLUDING SRS AIRBAG DISABLING AND ENABLING) NOW HOWEVER THE CAR WILL START THEN SHUTS OFF IMMEDIATELY-LEAVING THE DASH'S THEFT LIGHT ON.
I CHECKED ALL CONECTIONS ETC. WIRING SEEMS INTACT AND UNINJURED TRIED IT AGAIN IT STARTED RAN OKN THE THEFT LIGHT STAYED OFF-TRYING TO DETERMINE THE CULPRIT I WENT OVER THE IGN SW THE WIRING THE LOCKPLATE ANTI THEFT PIS ETC ETC. DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING PUY IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AGAIN AND GAVE UP-I STARTED THE CAR AGAIN-THEFT LIGHT ON CAR WONT STAY RUNNING.
Bborke

Answer: I had the ame problem a few months ago in my pontiac sunfire gt 1998, and I fixed it with only removin and placing back oll of the 3 or 4 relays on the fuses box try it I did the same with another 4 doors sunfire and worked as well

Gt_baldo