VEHICLE OVERHEATING

1997 Pontiac Sunfire

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Pontiac Sunfire 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 168000 miles

its a lonnnng story but to make it simple I hope, my car started overheating, changed thermostat, still running hot, replaced water pump, still running hot. Water is disappearing, its not leaking out when car sits overnight. Then the other day, I was putting water in it and water spued out from a bolt in the motor, a bolt that holds the head gasket? And looked like water was coming from around the exaust manifold? I can only guess at these names, I am a woman and I don't know that much about cars, however I do know how to change a thermostat and a water pump and to replace a serpetine belt. Yea! These I had to learn to do myself because I don't have anyone to help me with the car. So please don't tell me that My head gasket is blown and my car is garbage, I don't know if my heart can stand it. Lol I just can't afford another car right now, so if there is any information or tips you can provide I would be grateful, hiring a mechanic is out of the question right now as I am flat broke and just started a new job and need the transport so please try to find me a reasonable answer. Please? Could the radiator be plugged or a hose that is causing the water to build up prressure or something? Thanks
Sue
Lodibella

It would seem that the gasket or the head needs a look.

Merlin2021