94 LOCKS BUT DOESN'T UNLOCK W/ SWITCH INSIDE

1994 Pontiac Sunbird

Ya like the subject says. When I press the switch on the door on the inside to lock both the doors (2 door model), they lock. But when I flip it up it doesn't unlock. It clicks and pushes out a cm or so but isn't enough to unlock. I took the door off before and looked at the rod behind the button and of couse it doesn't push out enough. I have always push the lock all the way out to unlock. I want to say the first day or 2 or 3 I had the car it worked. But after that (had it since august) it stopped working.

what could possibly be the problem? : -O
Baalpeteor

I have a '93 Sunbird that does the same thing. My thought on it is it either needs some lube or the solenoid that is supposed to push it back out has gotten weak over time.

Quinn2
Heh forgot about this. I have been fixed it. The problem is the gap between this " U" looking ring. The rod that goes left to right to open the door passes through the " U" shaped ring. One sie of the u hits the rod to unlock and vise versa. The problem comes when the gap is too big. The first fix I did was take a wad of black electrical tape and put it tight and in between the U and the rod. It worked, but after a while oenm door wore off. I redid them both. The left side now is going out and opens sometimes. The real fix you want to do is take some pliers and bent the metal close so it can be tighter.

Baalpeteor
I'll have to check that out, thanks!

Quinn2