PLEASE HELP ME!

1993 Pontiac Sunbird

1993 Pontiac Sunbird 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic unknow miles

Hi, I have been having troubles with my Pontiac sunbird for awhile now and am at the end of my rope! First of all my car was draining my battery after I had had the car for over 6 months. After spending over 200 dollars at the mechanic shop all he suggested was for me to undo the battery after each use. I can do that. But now I have been driving the car back and forth to work and now all of a sudden I get in it and it will not start. The battery has plenty of power ( I also put a new altonator in it) The problem now is the car is turning over fast like it wants to crank but it wont. I can't understand this because it ran just fine the night before. I checked and I am getting fire to the sparkplugs. Please help I am a single mom and need my job!
Jlm1234