TORQUE CONVERTER PROBLEM.

1992 Pontiac Sunbird

1992 Pontiac Sunbird 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 220000 miles

Hi, I have a 1992 Pontiac Sunbird SE, 3.1L Multiport V6, Automatic, 220,000kms. First I want to be sure my torque converter is the problem. When I come to a complete stop in drive the car will often cut out and die unless I put it into Neutral. Also around the same time that started the car developed a very nasty vibration while in the overdrive gear when on the gas. If you let right off the gas or floor it the vibration goes away. It only does it in overdrive. Could this be the torque converter needing to be changed? Or simply an engine problem. It sometimes stalls when I crank the steering wheel in neutral (Power steering pump slowing the engine?).

Also it leaks coolant out of the back of the engine. No lines leak it appears as if it is coming from the block itself. It's very wet around what looks to be a sensor drilled directly into the block. Any Idea what the sensor is and if it could be the source of the leak?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Trekinous