LOW FUEL DELIVERY

2006 Pontiac Solstice

2006 Pontiac Solstice 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 18,880 miles

Engine performance is diminishing drastically with no engine codes at all. At 2,000 rpm in ANY gear, the engine will bog as I open the butterfly. This is accompanied by a loud clacking that I am now imagining is " fuel starved injectors?&Quot; If I let off on the gas, closing the butterfly, the clacking goes away and the engine runs smoother, yet with decreased power. Plugs are clean, O2 sensor is clean, MAF is clean. My theory is that the fuel pump is croaking slowly. It first started at 2,700 rpm and is getting worse. I drive the car 2 miles to work everyday, but don't want to pay $800 to a dealer for something I can fix myself. I've been looking for the definitive answer before I open up the fuel tank and dive in.
Alxctr3rd

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge to rule out the fuel filter and fuel pump-start here