MODELS WONT START WITH KEY BUT STARTS WIT

1998 Pontiac Other

1998 Other Pontiac Models 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 167989 miles

Hi, my car wont start with the key, the engine cranks and starts for about 3 seconds then dies and then wont start again. However if I use the keychain remote starter it will start right up. After it starts with the keychain remote, I insert the key and turn to unlock column like normal but as soon as I step on the brake my instrument panel goes out, no speedometer, no gas gauge, no gear select, all instrument go out but the engine stays running. Then I push the keychain remote starter buttons again and the instrument panel gauges come back on, but as soon as I step on the brake again the gauges go out again. The regular key cranks the engine but it wont start. Only the remote keychain starter will start the enging, but pressing the brake causes all gauges to go out ( they stop working) until I press remote keychain buttons again. What could this problem be caused by and what can I do about it.
Jvader2007