WATER IN FLOOR OF CAR

2004 Pontiac Montana

Interior problem
2004 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I went to my car 2 days ago and the windows, locks, and interior lights did not work. Took it to my mechanic, have had him for over 15 years. He pulled up the carpet and found a lot of water underneath. The AC drain is working fine.
He pretty much traced the electrical problem to the Body Control Module. But until I find the source of the water he is reluctant to repair it. Is there any type of " re-call" on this model for some kind of leaking problem?
He also told me that the Dealer would have to put in the new Module because it had to be " programed" by the Dealer.
If no re-call then maybe a Glass Installer to find the leak.
What is the " usual" fee for the Module?
Thanks for your help. Bill
Wfgeers

Module is 300.00-600.00 depending where you buy it, plus an hour labour to install and program. Which side of the vehicle is getting wet? This may not be the BCM but could be this problem: Hard/No Start, Fuel Gauge Inoperative/Fluctuates, SES/Check Engine Light On, ABS Warning Light On, TCS Warning Light On, TCS Activation, Service Traction System Message Displayed, All-Wheel Drive Disable Message Displayed, DTCs Set (Repair Connector) TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN Reference Number(s): 01-08-45-005E,  Date of Issue:   August 29, 2006 Related Ref Number(s): 01-08-45-005, 01-08-45-005A, 01-08-45-005B, 01-08-45-005C, 01-08-45- 005D, 01-08-45-005E ARTICLE BEGINNING CONDITION Some customers may comment on one or more of the following conditions:  Engine is hard to start  Engine will not start  Engine starts then stalls  Fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates  Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated  ABS Warning Light is illuminated  TCS Warning Light is illuminated  TCS activation  Service Traction System message displayed  All-Wheel Drive Disable message displayed These conditions may be intermittent. Upon investigation, the technician may find various DTCs set. CAUSE This condition may be due to water leaking into the interior of the vehicle, and/or spread terminals, at connector C305 that is located on the floor to the rear of the driver's seat. This connector is not sealed from the inside of the vehicle and water may enter the connector causing the terminals to become corroded. Also, the female terminals of the connector may have become spread apart causing an intermittent poor connection. CORRECTION Affected Model(s): 2002-2006 Buick Rendezvous; 2005-2007 Buick Terraza; 2000-2005 Chevrolet Venture; 2005-2007 Chevrolet Uplander; 2000-2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette; 2000- 2005 Pontiac Montana; 2001-2005 Pontiac Aztek; 2005-2007 Pontiac Montana SV6; 2005-2007 Saturn Relay Supercedes: This bulletin is being revised to add 2007 model year. Also, additional information was added to the Important statement. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01- 08-45-005D (Section 8 - Body and Accessories). Corroded and/or spread female terminals in connector C305. Refer to Repairing
Terminals in the Wiring Systems sub-section of the appropriate service information. WARRANTY INFORMATION
repaired under warranty, use: IMPORTANT:  Inspect the terminals at connector C305 for corrosion or spreading before replacing the fuel module or resistor card kit. Terminals can be accessed from underneath the vehicle.  Do not attempt to repair any spread female terminals as this will result in a return repair. The female terminal must be replaced.  If the terminals show signs of corrosion, determine the source of the water leak first and repair the water leak before repairing the terminals in connector C305. Refer to Corporate Service Bulletin Number 01-01-38-009A to determine a potential source for water in the vehicle interior. This affected 02-06's

Merlin2021
I am having the same problem in our 2004 montana as well, but it's not on the driver's side, it's more on the passenger side as well. And the service engine soon light is on, no there are no leaks in the windsheild, it's not the ac either. Please help, thank you

Granyoung43
Grangyoung, have you had it scanned for both soft and hard codes to see what is causing the CEL?

Check for missing grommets or plugs in the bulkhead between the passenger and engine compartments. Next, check for missing grommets under the plastic trim panels down by the feet, both in the sides of the body and the floor.

Knowing the codes might help give you an idea as to where the leak is.

Rivermikerat