GAS LEAK

2000 Pontiac Montana

Smells problem
2000 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

notice smell and leak of gas from underneath the front side of the van
James73

It's a hard question to answer with certainty, but I can tell you is its probably a hose. Like most hoses they get brittle and deteriorate with age. I cant recomend driving to shop to get it fixed, but if it were mine I would only drive it a very short distance and only if leak were very minor, which its obviously not or you probably would not have noticed.
Most likely it will be a dealer only part but still generally are not real expensive, but it depends on which one it is.
You can try to locate by following trail of gas u

Doityoureself
I have the same vehicle, same mileage and poblem in the same area.I have not taken to shop and onl recently noticed the leak on the driveway. Went from a smell to a leak.I can't identify the exact location without a hoist. It appears to be on the other side of the wheel well Drives side front, about right where the motor mount bushing? Is. Any ideas.A hose would be an easy answer. And a welcomed one. But I dont know. The car seems to run fine anyway. Heeeelllp any ideas

Chatch17