HOW CAN I PROGRAM A REMOTE START KE

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 44,000 miles

I have the standard 3 button DIC. There is no place that I can even enable/disable allowing a Remote Start from the FOB. The Manual only covers doing this in the full DIC Version.
So, two questions: How do I change the Car Programming to allow a Remote Start fron the FOB?
And, how can I program additional Key FOB's?

I did the Key programming with the chip in the key - that was easy, found that info on line. But, have not been able to find how to Program/Reprogram key FOB's with the Remote Start Feature. There is info on how to do it with a Standard FOB that does not have Remote Start, but that doesn't do my situation any good.

Thank You in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this.
Joetronics

If the information does not exist in the owners manual, call the dealer for the correct procedure.

Be sure to provide proof of ownership.

Mmprince4000
Well, calling a dealer is not going to get me anywhere, unless I do as the dealer suggests and go to his dealership and pay him about $200.00 to do it -without him even sharing the info on how to do it. After I paid him.

Joetronics
Is there any info in the owners manual?

Mmprince4000
The DIC I have is the standard version, and as I previously stated, the Manual only covers doing this in the full DIC Version. In the Full DIC, there is an option to " Enable/Disable Remote Start" according to the manual, but going through the DIC step by step, I get no option like that.

Joetronics
Sorry for the delay. I will look into Mitchell5 and see if there is any info there.

Mmprince4000
I will be here - any help or light you can shed on this would be great.

Joetronics