IDLE PROBLEM WHILE STARTING/RUNNING

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

My car has all of the sudden started idling strange, like the car wants to die. My car has always started and ran great, but all of the sudden, yesterday when I went to start the car, at first it wanted to turn over but didnt start. Then when I tried restarting the car it started and sputtered badly, as if I had flooded the car. This had happened to me a long time ago, but hadn't happened in a long time. I let the car sit for a half hour and tried it again, and now the car starts right up, but immediately idles funny as if the car wants to stall, but doesn't. If I push the gas pedal it will respond and I can hold the rpms up, but as soon as I let off the gas the car starts sputtering badly. No check engine lights come on in the car. I have replaced the fuel pump within the last 50,000 miles, and the car ran excellently, even all day on a long trip, but now all of the sudden it is not idling correctly. My friend had a similar problem with his grand prix when starting. His car would idle funny at first but then would correct itself once pushing the gas a little- He replaced his idler and now his car runs fine. Could this be my problem also? Or could I be looking at a fuel injector problem, or even worse, sensor problems?
Schm1867